May 11, 2009

May Stamping Class

For our May stamping class this month, we wanted to keep things light and fresh so used some interesting color combinations. I think sometimes the two hardest things to creating a beautiful card are the color combo and the layout. These cards should give you some help in both areas.

The first card was used with the Trendy Tree set which I am in love with. I love trees so this set was right up my alley. We also used the new eyelet border punch and the Full of Life stamp set which has some amazing quotes and phrases.






This next card was a little more difficult, but still I think makes a visual impact. We used the Large Scallop Bigz die and the Circle Scissors Plus to create a different look for our main image. We also used the Friendly Words wheel, which I just got this week. I was so excited that it worked into this card so nicely. This would have worked as a beautiful Mother's Day card, but could easily be used for a bridal shower, birthday, or wedding.





The last card we made was a pocket card. It is a super simple design and can be made to fit any holiday or occassion depending on the colors and stamp sets you use. We used Garden Whimsy for a cute card. The color combo inspiration came right out of the Spring and Summer catalogue.

No comments: