July 6, 2009

July Stamp Class

Our stampers decided that they couldn't get enough of us and wanted to have an additional July class, so here are the goods from tonight. Some of these ideas have been rolling around in my head for a while and now was as good time as any to get them out. Although I wish I would have highlighted some new stamp sets more, I'd say overall I like what we have done here.


I am the girl who doesn't put greetings and sentiments in cards until I'm going to use them, but something has been nagging at me about the Define your Life stamp set. I have been dying to use it, but didn't know how to incorporate it without it looking too obvious.



The next layout I love and found that someone else on Splitcoast had used with a totally different set. I think leaving a lot of white in the background scares people, but I love the simplicity of this card and will be doing a similar one for a swap I'm in this month. I also incorporated the small flower from the Kind and Caring Thoughts set (a new Level 3 Hostess set!)




Last but not least is an oldie, but a goodie. I made a couple billion of these last summer to send to former students who had birthdays last summer. I think they are adorable and would make "sweet" birthday or party invites. We jazzed them up a bit by using the scratch and sniff technique from Splitcoast Stampers. Click here and it will take you directly to the site.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/scratch_and_sniff_technique/


No comments: