June 17, 2009

June Card Class

Okay so we posted the pictures of our June Stamping group having our first class in my new craft room. Although the room is amazing, I think our cards were even more amazing.

You may know how crazy we are about the circle scallop punch. Well we found a creative way to use the scallop punch as a flower. We folded it in half and then cut along the scallops to create the illusion of petals. We used a dimensional to pop it up and give it a 3-D element.



















On this next card, we wanted to utilize one of the frames from the vanilla hodgepdge hardware set. Although this card took a while to come together. I was super happy with how it turned out and I enjoyed the layout. We used my new Three Little Words set and did some scoring on a Scor-Pal to create a tile image, but it is difficult to see in the picture.
















The last card is one of my favorites. The layout came from the April or May Stampin' Success magazine. I love the tree from Thoughts and Prayers and have wanted to do a version of the card ever since I saw it featured in the magazine. I love the mix of yellows, golds, and black. I think it looks elegant and simple, which is something I love to do in cards. Just goes to show you that cards and scrapbooks don't need lots of "stuff" to make a visual impact.


No comments: