September 29, 2009

Same Colors...Three Cards

Lately I've been thinking about the holidays, not just Christmas, but all of them and how we use the same color combos for all our projects. At least I seem to. We tried to break out of our mold a little for our September card class when we made Halloween cards. Don't get me wrong, some of these combos are tried and true, but do they have to be the base of every holiday card?

I got the Patterned Pines hostess set from the Holiday Mini Catalog, as well as Four the Holidays, also from the mini. It gave me a chance to make a couple "holidayish" cards using a color combo that has been stuck in my head for a while. I feel that Melon Mambo is extremely bright and have looked away from it for too long. The problem is always what color to pair with this insanely bright pink. Guess what color I picked? Taken with Teal, another somewhat bright color. What was I thinking? I did try and tone it down a little by using Kraft CS and Chocolate Chip CS. I ended up making three cards, all different, and yet used the same colors on each. I don't know if I got it just right yet, I mean what was in my head, but I will keep working on it.






This layout is from Clean & Simple Stamping and it was FLT #56. I love how simple all her layouts are. I also embellished with some little sticky rhinestones.




This layout is courtesy of Mojo Monday. This was actually back from when Mojo Monday had it's 100th sketch birthday. This was the MojoMaria Sketch. You can see how quick I am about using all the sketching I find. I stamped the snowflake in Melon Mambo and Taken with Teal, then I used VersaMark and inked all over the white CS. Last I sprinkled the whole thing with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and made it shine. It's hard to see in the picture, but boy does it sparkle.




Last, but not least, I again used a Mojo Monday Sketch from Week 100, but this one was MojoTeresa. I stamped the trees in VersaMark ink and embossed with clear powder. I then sponged all around the trees with Teal ink. The clear embossing resists the ink making the trees pop.

I really hope you enjoyed my very bright holiday cards!

No comments: