July 23, 2009

Splitcoast Stampers CAS24 Color Challenge

Mom and I decided to participate in another challenge. This time we accepted the Clean and Simple #24 (CAS) challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. This is a challenge that comes out every Monday, but you can always participate at your own speed and you can go back and do older posts as well. So the whole idea to participating is that your card should be simple to recreate or to make a bunch of or clean in design or looking uncluttered. Again another fabulous place for me to go. This week the challenge was to use Turquoise, Orange, and Yellow in a clean and simple way.

For my card I decided to go back to the Clean and Simple Stamping blog and choose a layout I liked. I decided on last weeks post Fall-To Layout #50. I loved this layout because you could use it in so many different ways. I know I did.

So here is the card I came up with. I used the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set and the new Butterfly punch! The bright colors were toned down a lot because of the huge amounts of white space.



Mom decided to use the Mojo Monday #96 layout for her card.

She said she didn't hear me say that the card was for the Clean and Simple challenge, so her card is a little brighter than mine. I still think she did an amazing job!


No comments: