January 17, 2010

A Challenge? Or Is It?

As I was searching through some of my favorite stamping blogs (I try to do this about once a week) I found a very cool challenge that I just knew I wanted to participate in. I haven't submitted anything to a challenge in quite a while and even though this time of year is hectic for me, I wanted to do it for me. So here was the challenge...use Chocolate Chip, Elegant Eggplant, and Kraft cardstock. Here's the kicker...I also needed to incorporate stripes into my card.



I thought these were interesting colors to put together. Dark and rich, but the part I felt would really be a challenge was the stripes. Yikes! Well here was my first card. Cute?



I also added a puffy flower which I found on Dawn McVey's blog. She is brillant and has amazing cards. I think the flower adds something special, don't you?




Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Elegant Eggplat
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Stamps: Short & Sweet (#115060)
Accessories: Modern Label Punch (#116630), Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon (#111367), Chocolate Chip Corduroy Buttons (#114339)

Shop Now

6 comments:

Charlene Austin said...

YES cute! Great job and that flower is adorable!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! Love the flower made from lettered paper! Great job with the Embellish Mag color challenge!

♥Lea

Creative Momma said...

very creative way to add some stripes...and that flower is just perfect..
Hugs
Marina

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Cute flower and neat use of the label dies!

Anonymous said...

Great job in your card! The flower is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us!

Maile Belles said...

Very cute, love that flower! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.